Coco peat also known as Coco pith, Coir fiber pith,Coco peat dust or simply coir, produced when coconut husks are extracted for coir fiber. Coco peat is a multi purpose growing medium, which is very easy to use. Its air filled porosity and water holding capacity makes it the ideal medium for all plant growing applications.
Coco peat is a proven natural alternative to mined peat moss, therefore using it helps slow down peat extraction from environmentally sensitive swamps worldwide. Uses as a growing medium, Coco peat outperforms most of the popular brands of Peat and Sphagnum Moss.
LMG Coco Peat is usually shipped in the form of compressed bales, briquettes, slabs or discs, the end user usually expands and aerates the compressed coco peat by the addition of water.
A single kilogram of coco peat will expand up to 15 liters of moist coco peat.
LMG Coco Peat Features
- 100% organic and eco friendly
- Contains natural growing hormones
- Increased air porosity, up to 10.3%
- Good water retention, upto 8 times its own weight
- Quick wet-ability and free draining
- Works as an excellent soil re-conditioner
- Excellent drainage, High Cation Exchange Capacity(HCEC)
- Prevents stress after repottings